The rhetorical question, “What It Be Like?” is the focus of Interscope aritst Freddie Gibbs on his new street single. The Gary, Indiana, product is full of energy and charisma, two characteristics that helped to get him inked to a record deal. Thanks to the success that Alabama rapper Rich Boy experienced due to producer Polow Da Don, Gibbs grabbed up the in demand producer himself. What It Be Like has Polow working his usual magic; kickin’ a hardcore bass alongside a roller coaster synthesizer is Dr. Dre to the tee. Freddie will unleash his debut album first quarter 2008.
Written by DJ Z on 09/23/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bobble Head" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.