The 91st entry in our DJBooth.net Freestyle Series comes courtesy of Freddie Gibbs, the Gary, Ind. native last seen on mixtape leak Womb to the Tomb. On his brand new, previously-unreleased Thug Psalms freestyle, the currently unsigned emcee flows over a Jimmy Kiev-produced instrumental originally featured on Ras Kass’ Understandable Smooth. Freddie Gibbs recently released his midwestgangstaboxframecadillacmuzik street album (available here for free download), and is currently preparing to drop “best of” mixtape The Labels Tryin to Kill Me. Other items on Gibbs’ agenda include guest appearances on the CunninLynguists’ forthcoming LP, Josh/The Goon collaboration Do the Wrong Thing, and DJ Skee-assisted video-blog series F%#@in’ Wit Fred.
Readers can download a copy of the newly-released In the Booth (Volume 2), featuring freestyles 31 through 60, here! In the Booth (Volume 1), featuring freestyles 1 through 30, can be downloaded here.
Written by richard on 09/29/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bobble Head" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.