To mangle a popular saying, when the going gets hard, The Hard get hustling. One of today’s most prominent and unapologetic purveyors of that street sh*t, Freddie Gibbs continues to chronicle the struggles, dangers and fleeting triumphs of life on the block on the latest single off his forthcoming Gangsta Grillz tape. Coming on the heels of the addictive Bout It Bout It, this joint is considerably lower-key than its predecessor, with producer Feb. 9 flipping an ethereal sample of The Emotions’ Don’t Ask My Neighbors as the Gary, Indiana rhymesayer offers a dealer’s-eye-view of his urban environment. Singer Dana Williams’ luxuriant vocals provide further contrast to Gibbs’ gritty verses. While the DJ Drama-hosted Baby Face Killa as yet lacks a drop date, we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes in the lead-up to its arrival.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Gibbs’ The Hard visual.
Written by richard on 12/17/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bobble Head" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.