To mangle a popular saying, when the going gets hard, The Hard get hustling. One of today’s most prominent and unapologetic purveyors of that street sh*t, Freddie Gibbs continues to chronicle the struggles, dangers and fleeting triumphs of life on the block on the latest single off his forthcoming Gangsta Grillz tape. Coming on the heels of the addictive Bout It Bout It, this joint is considerably lower-key than its predecessor, with producer Feb. 9 flipping an ethereal sample of The Emotions’ Don’t Ask My Neighbors as the Gary, Indiana rhymesayer offers a dealer’s-eye-view of his urban environment. Singer Dana Williams’ luxuriant vocals provide further contrast to Gibbs’ gritty verses. While the DJ Drama-hosted Baby Face Killa as yet lacks a drop date, we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes in the lead-up to its arrival.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Gibbs’ The Hard visual.
Written by richard on 12/17/12
Consummate gangster Freddie Gibbs is back with a brand album, Baby Face Killah. Spanning eighteen original tracks, BFK gives listeners more of the hard rhymes fans have come to expect. Joining Gangster Gibbs on the album are...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bobble Head" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.