To mangle a popular saying, when the going gets hard, The Hard get hustling. One of today’s most prominent and unapologetic purveyors of that street sh*t, Freddie Gibbs continues to chronicle the struggles, dangers and fleeting triumphs of life on the block on the latest single off his forthcoming Gangsta Grillz tape. Coming on the heels of the addictive Bout It Bout It, this joint is considerably lower-key than its predecessor, with producer Feb. 9 flipping an ethereal sample of The Emotions’ Don’t Ask My Neighbors as the Gary, Indiana rhymesayer offers a dealer’s-eye-view of his urban environment. Singer Dana Williams’ luxuriant vocals provide further contrast to Gibbs’ gritty verses. While the DJ Drama-hosted Baby Face Killa as yet lacks a drop date, we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes in the lead-up to its arrival.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Gibbs’ The Hard visual.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bobble Head" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.