In an interview with our very own DJ Z, Gary, Indiana’s finest, Freddie Gibbs, said that he refuses to be one of those rappers that drop a new low-quality record every day. Well incredibly, the DJBooth Freestyle alum has managed to amp up the quantity without sacrificing quality. Having just closed out his massive Str8 Killa campaign, Gangster Gibbs has now hooked up with the good folks at RubyHornet.com and DJ RTC for the next selection in their Closed Sessions Series, Something New. Behind the boards producer Million $ Mano puts together a laid back beat with an instantly recognizable sample (Dre’s Xxplosive, Badu’s Bag Lady, etc.) that Gibbs laces with his signature smoky yet precise flow, a style echoed by Chi-Town native and up-and-comer YP, who does his best work on the outro (that Bin Laden line had me laughing out loud). Hey, when even two hos aren’t enough, you obviously need Something New. For more high quality hip-hop, download the no-DJ version of Gibbs’ Str8 Killa No Filla, and keep it locked for Closed Sessions’ next offering, coming (I’m sure) soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/26/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bobble Head" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.