They say you have to hit Rock Bottom before you can truly change, but although the best rapper to ever come out of Gary, Indiana, Freddie Gibbs, and UGK for Life representer Bun B find themselves at the lowest of the low, it doesn’t look like they’ll be changing their dope rapping ways anytime soon. Like Gibbs’ last offering Ghetto, Rock Bottom is built around a superbly produced track, this time from the dynamic duo of Beatnick & K-Salaam, who lay down a smoky, subdued beat that Gibbs and Bun use to shine some light on the depths of their darkness: “I know the baby growing in her belly gotta eat too, the only thing I got left is this gun on my belt, if I can’t feed myself how am I gonna feed you?” Come on, did you expect anything less from a man who dropped a DJBooth freestyle this dope? Every day brings us a day closed to Gibbs’ highly anticipated new mixtape Str8 Killa No Filla, set to drop on July 27. They should make advent calendars for this ish.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/31/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bobble Head" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.