Marijuana dilettantes who got their fill of THC on Tuesday can feel free to sit this one out; Personal OG, the latest leak off Freddie Gibbs’ Str8 Killa No Filla mixtape, is for the serious weed addicts only. Pairing dreamy synth ambiance with a subdued percussion rhythm, Block Beattaz keep it minimal on the production tip, leaving the focus squarely on the Gary, Indiana representative’s rhymes, and for good reason – few emcees can rhapsodize about burning the herb with as much eloquence (and in such an impressive variety of rapid-fire flows) as Freddie Gibbs. Even if you don’t happen to smoke 12 blunts a day, you can’t deny this Midwesterner’s impeccable-as-ever mic skills. Gibbs’ highly-anticipated mixtape is scheduled to hit the ‘net sometime next month. In the meantime, those who haven’t already should be sure to check out Gangsta’s recent, Booth-exclusive interview with DJ Z.
Written by richard on 04/21/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bobble Head" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.