To devotees of gangsta rap, the number ”187” can only mean one thing: someone, most likely an undercover cop, just got murked. Thus, it might come as a shock that homicide doesn’t factor into Freddie Gibbs’ latest feature. Instead, freshly-minted street single One Eighty Seven finds the Gary, Indiana native paying tribute to a certain woman’s “killer p*ssy.” After two verses chronicling the headliner’s erotic adventures, Compton neighbor Problem hops on Sap‘s icy synth instrumental to drop a similarly freaky closing 16. How about it, readers: did Gibbs and his collaborator put this beat six feet under? Those leaning toward the affirmative should watch our pages for more song releases leading up to the July 9, arrival of Gibbs’ next solo project, ESGN.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Gibbs’ new One Eighty Seven visual.
Written by richard on 06/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bobble Head" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.