Weezy and Gucci may have mastered the art of Steady Mobbin but, on his latest feature, Freddie Gibbs does them one better. As the Gary, Indiana gangster explains on the latest street single off Corporate Thugz Entertainment‘s forthcoming comp album, he and his crew are “...Mobbin like a motherf*cker. Beatsmith Super Ced sets the mood, layering synth whirs and string accents over trap percussion as Gibbs fills us in on how he and his crew do it. In straightforward yet expertly-flowed bars, the rhymesayer emphasizes his uncanny sexual charisma and his loyalty to his label home: “Lotta these hoes get a taste of this d*ck and wanna get their name switched / ‘CTE’ tattooed in my flesh ‘cause them the n*ggas I bang with.” Returning the favor from August 2011 mixtape inclusion Rough, Young Jeezy fills us in on how his year’s been going so far (“...fun like a motherf*cker”) in a gruff middle 16. How about it, Booth readers: is Mobbin going into your whip playlist? If so, further street-ready bangers await on as-yet unscheduled compilation It’s the World. Additionally, Jeezy’s Booth-approved TM103 is available now wherever fine music is sold.
Written by richard on 02/12/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bobble Head" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.