Weezy and Gucci may have mastered the art of Steady Mobbin but, on his latest feature, Freddie Gibbs does them one better. As the Gary, Indiana gangster explains on the latest street single off Corporate Thugz Entertainment‘s forthcoming comp album, he and his crew are “...Mobbin like a motherf*cker. Beatsmith Super Ced sets the mood, layering synth whirs and string accents over trap percussion as Gibbs fills us in on how he and his crew do it. In straightforward yet expertly-flowed bars, the rhymesayer emphasizes his uncanny sexual charisma and his loyalty to his label home: “Lotta these hoes get a taste of this d*ck and wanna get their name switched / ‘CTE’ tattooed in my flesh ‘cause them the n*ggas I bang with.” Returning the favor from August 2011 mixtape inclusion Rough, Young Jeezy fills us in on how his year’s been going so far (“...fun like a motherf*cker”) in a gruff middle 16. How about it, Booth readers: is Mobbin going into your whip playlist? If so, further street-ready bangers await on as-yet unscheduled compilation It’s the World. Additionally, Jeezy’s Booth-approved TM103 is available now wherever fine music is sold.
Written by richard on 02/12/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bobble Head" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.