Weezy and Gucci may have mastered the art of Steady Mobbin but, on his latest feature, Freddie Gibbs does them one better. As the Gary, Indiana gangster explains on the latest street single off Corporate Thugz Entertainment‘s forthcoming comp album, he and his crew are “...Mobbin like a motherf*cker. Beatsmith Super Ced sets the mood, layering synth whirs and string accents over trap percussion as Gibbs fills us in on how he and his crew do it. In straightforward yet expertly-flowed bars, the rhymesayer emphasizes his uncanny sexual charisma and his loyalty to his label home: “Lotta these hoes get a taste of this d*ck and wanna get their name switched / ‘CTE’ tattooed in my flesh ‘cause them the n*ggas I bang with.” Returning the favor from August 2011 mixtape inclusion Rough, Young Jeezy fills us in on how his year’s been going so far (“...fun like a motherf*cker”) in a gruff middle 16. How about it, Booth readers: is Mobbin going into your whip playlist? If so, further street-ready bangers await on as-yet unscheduled compilation It’s the World. Additionally, Jeezy’s Booth-approved TM103 is available now wherever fine music is sold.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bobble Head" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.