According to people who know what they’re talking about, Harold’s Chicken Shack serves some of the finest fried chicken you’ll find anywhere. (Sadly, it doesn’t exist in NYC, so I have to make do with Popeye’s.) On his latest single, featured along with freshly-minted visuals by Gregory Buissereth, Freddie Gibbs waxes poetic about his favorite Windy City dining establishment, turning his customary order into the record’s hook: “Six wing mild sauce, with all the fries you can give me.” Madlib backs the Gary, Indiana phenom’s bars with a soulful, yet gritty sample. Feeling it? More awaits on the collaborators’ Piñata LP, available in stores and online as of March.
Written by richard on 08/5/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bobble Head" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.