According to people who know what they’re talking about, Harold’s Chicken Shack serves some of the finest fried chicken you’ll find anywhere. (Sadly, it doesn’t exist in NYC, so I have to make do with Popeye’s.) On his latest single, featured along with freshly-minted visuals by Gregory Buissereth, Freddie Gibbs waxes poetic about his favorite Windy City dining establishment, turning his customary order into the record’s hook: “Six wing mild sauce, with all the fries you can give me.” Madlib backs the Gary, Indiana phenom’s bars with a soulful, yet gritty sample. Feeling it? More awaits on the collaborators’ Piñata LP, available in stores and online as of March.
Written by richard on 08/5/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bobble Head" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.