According to people who know what they’re talking about, Harold’s Chicken Shack serves some of the finest fried chicken you’ll find anywhere. (Sadly, it doesn’t exist in NYC, so I have to make do with Popeye’s.) On his latest single, featured along with freshly-minted visuals by Gregory Buissereth, Freddie Gibbs waxes poetic about his favorite Windy City dining establishment, turning his customary order into the record’s hook: “Six wing mild sauce, with all the fries you can give me.” Madlib backs the Gary, Indiana phenom’s bars with a soulful, yet gritty sample. Feeling it? More awaits on the collaborators’ Piñata LP, available in stores and online as of March.
Written by richard on 08/5/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bobble Head" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.