According to people who know what they’re talking about, Harold’s Chicken Shack serves some of the finest fried chicken you’ll find anywhere. (Sadly, it doesn’t exist in NYC, so I have to make do with Popeye’s.) On his latest single, featured along with freshly-minted visuals by Gregory Buissereth, Freddie Gibbs waxes poetic about his favorite Windy City dining establishment, turning his customary order into the record’s hook: “Six wing mild sauce, with all the fries you can give me.” Madlib backs the Gary, Indiana phenom’s bars with a soulful, yet gritty sample. Feeling it? More awaits on the collaborators’ Piñata LP, available in stores and online as of March.
Written by richard on 08/5/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bobble Head" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.