With previously-featured Baby Face Killa cuts Shame, Bout It Bout It and The Hard, Freddie Gibbs proved that he had the “street banger” and “sex jam” bases covered, but one question lingered: does he have anything up his sleeve just for the smokers? To answer my own rhetorical question, of f**king course he does. On Kush Cloud, the Gary, Indiana gangster recruits two of his THC-lovingest homies to create the perfect soundtrack for your next smoking session. Booth-approved beat crew SMKA work their magic behind the boards, interlacing billowing synths with reverb-soaked percussion as Gibbs trades blunted bars with Krayzie Bone and SpaceGhostPurrp. Digging it? More, bangers await on Baby Face Killa, scheduled for release via iTunes and The DJBooth next Tuesday, September 25. The project will also be available in a free Gangsta Grillz edition. Fans in the Los Angeles area can catch the headliner performing live tonight with Madlib at the LACMA; click here for further details on the event!
Written by richard on 09/20/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bobble Head" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.