Freddie Gibbs hails from Gary, Indiana, but I guess he has danced his way to the East Coast, because his latest effort is titled Eastside Moonwalker. I really shouldn’t joke (if you can call that a joke) about this song, though, because Freddie doesn’t seem to be in a kidding mood. Setting the stage is producer GMF, who cooks up a hazy, ominous instrumental to complement Gibbs’ rugged style. The beat is great, but that doesn’t stop Freddie from ripping it to shreds as he goes in on a former homeboy who crossed him, as well as addressing numerous other topics. If you survive this sinister effort, you are deemed worthy of listening to Gibbs’ ESGN album, which will hit The DJBooth this July, via EMPIRE, for stream and digital purchase.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/18/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bobble Head" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.