Freddie Gibbs hails from Gary, Indiana, but I guess he has danced his way to the East Coast, because his latest effort is titled Eastside Moonwalker. I really shouldn’t joke (if you can call that a joke) about this song, though, because Freddie doesn’t seem to be in a kidding mood. Setting the stage is producer GMF, who cooks up a hazy, ominous instrumental to complement Gibbs’ rugged style. The beat is great, but that doesn’t stop Freddie from ripping it to shreds as he goes in on a former homeboy who crossed him, as well as addressing numerous other topics. If you survive this sinister effort, you are deemed worthy of listening to Gibbs’ ESGN album, which will hit The DJBooth this July, via EMPIRE, for stream and digital purchase.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/18/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bobble Head" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)