Freddie Gibbs hails from Gary, Indiana, but I guess he has danced his way to the East Coast, because his latest effort is titled Eastside Moonwalker. I really shouldn’t joke (if you can call that a joke) about this song, though, because Freddie doesn’t seem to be in a kidding mood. Setting the stage is producer GMF, who cooks up a hazy, ominous instrumental to complement Gibbs’ rugged style. The beat is great, but that doesn’t stop Freddie from ripping it to shreds as he goes in on a former homeboy who crossed him, as well as addressing numerous other topics. If you survive this sinister effort, you are deemed worthy of listening to Gibbs’ ESGN album, which will hit The DJBooth this July, via EMPIRE, for stream and digital purchase.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/18/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bobble Head" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.