Freddie Gibbs hails from Gary, Indiana, but I guess he has danced his way to the East Coast, because his latest effort is titled Eastside Moonwalker. I really shouldn’t joke (if you can call that a joke) about this song, though, because Freddie doesn’t seem to be in a kidding mood. Setting the stage is producer GMF, who cooks up a hazy, ominous instrumental to complement Gibbs’ rugged style. The beat is great, but that doesn’t stop Freddie from ripping it to shreds as he goes in on a former homeboy who crossed him, as well as addressing numerous other topics. If you survive this sinister effort, you are deemed worthy of listening to Gibbs’ ESGN album, which will hit The DJBooth this July, via EMPIRE, for stream and digital purchase.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/18/13
Gary, Indiana street lyricist Freddie Gibbs has decided original release date July 9 was just too long to wait and has now officially released his latest commercial mixtape, ESGN (Evil Seeds Grow Naturally). His first project...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bobble Head" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.