Anyone who’s heard even a shred of Freddie Gibbs’ music knows exactly what he’s about, namely keeping it G until he’s six feet under, but just in case there’s still any confusion, Gibbs makes sure to repeat himself on new lead single Bout It Bout It. On the production end DJ Dahi laces a bouncing beat that’s guaranteed to be stuck in your head for days. It’d more uptempo fare then we usually hear Gibbs rhyme over, but sure enough the Gary, Indiana representative comes through with yet more .38-packing rhymes. Guest hook vocals from Kirko Bangz, aka Mr. Drank In My Cup, completes the track, giving hip-hop heads everywhere plenty to talk about as they await the release of Freddie’s upcoming Baby Face Killa project, due out “soon”.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/13/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bobble Head" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.