Anyone who’s heard even a shred of Freddie Gibbs’ music knows exactly what he’s about, namely keeping it G until he’s six feet under, but just in case there’s still any confusion, Gibbs makes sure to repeat himself on new lead single Bout It Bout It. On the production end DJ Dahi laces a bouncing beat that’s guaranteed to be stuck in your head for days. It’d more uptempo fare then we usually hear Gibbs rhyme over, but sure enough the Gary, Indiana representative comes through with yet more .38-packing rhymes. Guest hook vocals from Kirko Bangz, aka Mr. Drank In My Cup, completes the track, giving hip-hop heads everywhere plenty to talk about as they await the release of Freddie’s upcoming Baby Face Killa project, due out “soon”.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/13/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bobble Head" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.