Hailing from the seldom-repped city of Gary, Indiana, is newcomer Freddie Gibbs (real name, no gimmicks). His first single, Bobble Head, might be easily mistaken for a typical dance song (judging from the catchy chorus); once you listen to the verses though, you will know Freddie’s no dance artist. A Bone Thugs/Do or Die influence is evident by his melodic hardcore, fast-paced flow. Suitably accompanied by Finger Roll‘s eerie production, look for Bobble Head to help make Freddie one of the biggest new artists of the year.
Written by Burmy on 08/15/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What It Be Like" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)