Hailing from the seldom-repped city of Gary, Indiana, is newcomer Freddie Gibbs (real name, no gimmicks). His first single, Bobble Head, might be easily mistaken for a typical dance song (judging from the catchy chorus); once you listen to the verses though, you will know Freddie’s no dance artist. A Bone Thugs/Do or Die influence is evident by his melodic hardcore, fast-paced flow. Suitably accompanied by Finger Roll‘s eerie production, look for Bobble Head to help make Freddie one of the biggest new artists of the year.
Listen to More: Freddie Gibbs
Written by Burmy on 08/15/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What It Be Like" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.