Hailing from the seldom-repped city of Gary, Indiana, is newcomer Freddie Gibbs (real name, no gimmicks). His first single, Bobble Head, might be easily mistaken for a typical dance song (judging from the catchy chorus); once you listen to the verses though, you will know Freddie’s no dance artist. A Bone Thugs/Do or Die influence is evident by his melodic hardcore, fast-paced flow. Suitably accompanied by Finger Roll‘s eerie production, look for Bobble Head to help make Freddie one of the biggest new artists of the year.
Written by Burmy on 08/15/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What It Be Like" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.