Hailing from the seldom-repped city of Gary, Indiana, is newcomer Freddie Gibbs (real name, no gimmicks). His first single, Bobble Head, might be easily mistaken for a typical dance song (judging from the catchy chorus); once you listen to the verses though, you will know Freddie’s no dance artist. A Bone Thugs/Do or Die influence is evident by his melodic hardcore, fast-paced flow. Suitably accompanied by Finger Roll‘s eerie production, look for Bobble Head to help make Freddie one of the biggest new artists of the year.
Listen to More: Freddie Gibbs
Written by Burmy on 08/15/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What It Be Like" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.