Hailing from the seldom-repped city of Gary, Indiana, is newcomer Freddie Gibbs (real name, no gimmicks). His first single, Bobble Head, might be easily mistaken for a typical dance song (judging from the catchy chorus); once you listen to the verses though, you will know Freddie’s no dance artist. A Bone Thugs/Do or Die influence is evident by his melodic hardcore, fast-paced flow. Suitably accompanied by Finger Roll‘s eerie production, look for Bobble Head to help make Freddie one of the biggest new artists of the year.
Listen to More: Freddie Gibbs Written by Burmy
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What It Be Like" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.