It’s one of the great enigmas of the hip-hop game that club-oriented rappers manage to keep up their demanding regimen of irresponsible behavior while still pumping out songs about said irresponsible behavior. Personally, I’m convinced it involves those Time-Turner gadgets from Harry Potter. Whatever the trick may be, Booth newcomer Fred Marshall‘s clearly mastered it; on newly-leaked mixtape cut No Chaser, making its world premiere right here in the Booth, the ATLien fills listeners in on his strict schedule: “No work, just play / Party, party, party.” An ode to hard drinking needs an appropriately festive instrumental backdrop, and (evidently very self-confident) beatsmith Terry “Super Producer T.A.” Allen rises to the occasion, piling on the sizzling synths as the headliner explains his “Party like there’s no tomorrow.” What about the Auto-Tuned hook, you ask? F.O. does the honors, inviting all within earshot to “go crazy like insane asylum.” If you’re digging this high-energy selection, there more to come on Marshall’s L.i.M.E. (Living in MY Experience) mixtape, set to hit our very own pages for streaming and download in the near future.
Written by richard on 08/24/11
Submit your Rating
BBMG (BrownBoy Music Group)
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.