It’s one of the great enigmas of the hip-hop game that club-oriented rappers manage to keep up their demanding regimen of irresponsible behavior while still pumping out songs about said irresponsible behavior. Personally, I’m convinced it involves those Time-Turner gadgets from Harry Potter. Whatever the trick may be, Booth newcomer Fred Marshall‘s clearly mastered it; on newly-leaked mixtape cut No Chaser, making its world premiere right here in the Booth, the ATLien fills listeners in on his strict schedule: “No work, just play / Party, party, party.” An ode to hard drinking needs an appropriately festive instrumental backdrop, and (evidently very self-confident) beatsmith Terry “Super Producer T.A.” Allen rises to the occasion, piling on the sizzling synths as the headliner explains his “Party like there’s no tomorrow.” What about the Auto-Tuned hook, you ask? F.O. does the honors, inviting all within earshot to “go crazy like insane asylum.” If you’re digging this high-energy selection, there more to come on Marshall’s L.i.M.E. (Living in MY Experience) mixtape, set to hit our very own pages for streaming and download in the near future.
Written by richard on 08/24/11
BBMG (BrownBoy Music Group)
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.