To hungry up-and-comer Fred Knuxx, the rap game looks just like a delicious bag of Chips, and on this album cut he teams up with Stylin’ On ‘Em emcee Nametag to explain exactly why. Though food-based punchlines are as old as hip-hop itself, this record finds the Delaware rapper stretching the central metaphor to its absolute breaking point, with entertaining results—it’s not just the salty snack the twosome are talking about, either: chips as in money and the Erik Estrada-starring cop drama CHiPs make appearances here. Though the crackling brass sample that serves as the backbone of Sean Ross‘s instrumental is a little intense for a song revolving around junk-food-related puns, the end result is so ear-pleasing that it’s hard to care. Those who listen to rap for the wordplay are sure to find this cut as addictive as the salty snack from which it takes its name; if you’re craving more, stay tuned for the summer release of Knuxx’ latest LP, King of Grind, as well as the emcee’s contribution to our exclusive freestyle series.
Written by richard on 05/20/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bring Back More ft. Akil the MC" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.