Sometimes hip-hop heads need someone to spotlight the gritty, raw, authentic rap that seems to get lost among Drake freestyles and club hits. Today, I Am That guy. The latest feature from Freak Tha Monsta will soon have those club rappers running for the exits. The Booth newcomer pulls double duty on this hostile jam. He cooks up a briskly paced, bone-chilling beat led by a sliced vocal sample (DJ Kwestion provides additional cuts.) and douses it in gasoline, igniting it with his fiery, barbed flow. Apathy, never one to miss a beat bloodbath, gets a few shots in on the guest tip. I Am That is slated for inclusion on the Bronx native’s forthcoming EP, Jackson Brolick.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/13/14
Submit your Rating
Dope Sandwich Prod.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.