As we all know, you can’t have Light Without Darkness, happiness without sadness, good without evil…– cut free of their opposites, the words lose their meanings. On this newly-leaked album inclusion (making its world premiere in the Booth!), first-time featuree Frantik gives us his take on the struggle to weather life’s storms. Backed by his own tense, soul-sampled production, the emcee espouses a tough-love philosophy to match his forceful flow, encouraging listeners to “Cut through the depression and bullsh*t” with the help of positivity and faith. Reader favorite (and fellow Panhandle State native) Saheed delivers something of a counterpoint on the back end, expanding upon the feelings he described in his last feature. While Light Without Darkness succeeds in offering insight into a mindstate many of us can relate to, I’m going to have to recommend it with a caveat: clinical depression is a real and serious condition that you can’t just “choose” (or pray) your way out of, and asking for help is never a sign of weakness. With that said, though, fans of introspective underground jams can find this cut and much more on Frantik’s On the Brink of Insanity LP, set to drop sometime this summer.
Written by richard on 02/3/10
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.