Growing up in Brooklyn in the late ‘90s, Frankie Krutches dealt with more than his fair share of adversity. Shortly after losing his father to HIV and many of his friends to the prison system, Krutches fell victim to a gunshot wound in the left leg (hence the name, “Krutches”). Hoping for brighter days ahead, Frankie has left his past behind him and on his new single, he raps about the hip-hop lifestyle of Timbos & Range Rovs. Assisted by fellow Northeast MCs Red Café and Cassidy, as well producer GQ Beats, Timbos & Range Rovs is a perfect example of modern-day underground East Coast hip-hop. Krutches will release his debut album, Clarity, in the first quarter of ‘09.
Written by Burmy on 07/2/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.