Some fellas (and ladies as well, for that matter) feel compelled to soldier on in a relationship long after love has vacated the premises. Not Frank Vocals. On his first Booth feature and mixtape lead single, Dear Angie (No Love), the Boston-based R&B singer and DJBooth newcomer shows no hesitation to chuck the deuce once it becomes clear that his girl’s not willing to put in the work to keep the spark alive. Walli World provides a gloomy, jazz-inflected instrumental backdrop for the singer’s not-so-fond goodbyes. Though this joint represents the end of one romance, I have a feeling that it will mark the start of another, longer and more fruitful relationship with listeners in the Booth—what do y’all think? If you’re digging it, then don’t miss the rest of the soulful material on display on 5Two85, available via the artist’s official site as of November 26.
Written by richard on 11/28/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.