Some fellas (and ladies as well, for that matter) feel compelled to soldier on in a relationship long after love has vacated the premises. Not Frank Vocals. On his first Booth feature and mixtape lead single, Dear Angie (No Love), the Boston-based R&B singer and DJBooth newcomer shows no hesitation to chuck the deuce once it becomes clear that his girl’s not willing to put in the work to keep the spark alive. Walli World provides a gloomy, jazz-inflected instrumental backdrop for the singer’s not-so-fond goodbyes. Though this joint represents the end of one romance, I have a feeling that it will mark the start of another, longer and more fruitful relationship with listeners in the Booth—what do y’all think? If you’re digging it, then don’t miss the rest of the soulful material on display on 5Two85, available via the artist’s official site as of November 26.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.