Some fellas (and ladies as well, for that matter) feel compelled to soldier on in a relationship long after love has vacated the premises. Not Frank Vocals. On his first Booth feature and mixtape lead single, Dear Angie (No Love), the Boston-based R&B singer and DJBooth newcomer shows no hesitation to chuck the deuce once it becomes clear that his girl’s not willing to put in the work to keep the spark alive. Walli World provides a gloomy, jazz-inflected instrumental backdrop for the singer’s not-so-fond goodbyes. Though this joint represents the end of one romance, I have a feeling that it will mark the start of another, longer and more fruitful relationship with listeners in the Booth—what do y’all think? If you’re digging it, then don’t miss the rest of the soulful material on display on 5Two85, available via the artist’s official site as of November 26.
Written by richard on 11/28/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.