Some fellas (and ladies as well, for that matter) feel compelled to soldier on in a relationship long after love has vacated the premises. Not Frank Vocals. On his first Booth feature and mixtape lead single, Dear Angie (No Love), the Boston-based R&B singer and DJBooth newcomer shows no hesitation to chuck the deuce once it becomes clear that his girl’s not willing to put in the work to keep the spark alive. Walli World provides a gloomy, jazz-inflected instrumental backdrop for the singer’s not-so-fond goodbyes. Though this joint represents the end of one romance, I have a feeling that it will mark the start of another, longer and more fruitful relationship with listeners in the Booth—what do y’all think? If you’re digging it, then don’t miss the rest of the soulful material on display on 5Two85, available via the artist’s official site as of November 26.
Written by richard on 11/28/12
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.