“The projects is called the projects ‘cause it’s a project.” It’s people like Frank Ramz and songs like ICONIC that give me hope for the future of a better tomorrow. I may not have all of the proof to defend everything he says, but the New York emcee does raise the important issue of a lack of people thinking for themselves and analyzing their surroundings. While kids wait for weeks online for a pair of new Jordans, they don’t even realize the gift of their intelligence and creativity that is more valuable than any sneaker. That’s just one of many examples of falling in line with the crowd being to your disadvantage. Although the KIC production may sound funky enough to dance to, it’s meant for you to head nod in agreement with as Frank preaches and the choir, singer Isis Ash, provides backup harmonies. The street gospel will continue on Ramz’ upcoming project, Medicine Filled Candy.
Written by Bryan H on 04/24/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whatchu Livin' Like" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)