As you binge on candy and try to scare yourself silly tonight, forget Jason, Freddy and Dracula. All you really need to get spooked is this freshly-released video single from Chi-Town emcee/producer Frank Leone. The visuals for MONSTERS, directed by Pete Campbell and Frank himself, set the tone. Their chilling imagery feels like a cross between Saw and The Blair Witch Project. The haunting video is only the beginning, though. Frank’s croaking beat, featuring a plethora of ominous samples ranging from The Phantom of the Opera to Nicki Minaj, is like that spooky sound you hear in the middle of the night; you shouldn’t investigate, but you can’t seem to ignore it. Frank, with a cutting, striking flow, and guest emcee Monster Mike, with his crawling flow, add yet another layer of grime to this gruesome cut. MONSTERS will appear on Frank’s 2014 album, Enter Wild. Additionally, fans can look forward to his participation in the return of the DJBooth Freestyle Series.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/31/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.