Though he made an impressive debut with Miles Bonney, Frank Leone is still a relatively new name to DJBooth readers. Most artists in Frank’s situation (with less than a handful of features under their belt) might opt to submit solo material, so that a guest feature cannot overshadow them. Lucky for us, Frank says F**k That and recruits Chi-Town veteran ProbCause to join him on his latest effort. For those listeners who have fallen ill from all the assembly line made beats, producer Dr. LaFlow prescribes a unique beat that blends a smooth piano section blended with some heavy, left of center drums. Atop the diverse production, Cause and Leone choose to work with one another instead of competing for the top spot, blending their similarly slick flows and crafty wordplay; the end result in a very fulfilling, cohesive listen. Expect Frank to back very soon, as he is preparing for the release of visuals off his EP, Deep Ocean, as well as the first single from his currently untitled LP.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/12/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.