The phrase “things that go BUMP in the Night” typically conjures up images of ghosts, werewolves and other imaginary monsters. The dangers Chi-town spitter (and recent freestyle alum) Frank Leone describes on his new record by that title, however, are all too real. On this joint, single number two off his next street release, the unsigned buzzmaker vividly evokes the precarity of life for many Windy City youths. Over his own beat, a synth arrangement with a hazy, nocturnal vibe, he spits, “Burner on the oven, murder over nothing / Kids in the cribs getting murdered over nothing.” In addition to simply being a dope listen, BUMP is intended to spark a wider conversation; the artist invites anyone whose life has been affected by Chicago street violence to Tweet their experiences accompanied by the hashtag “#BUMPintheNIGHT,” and let their voices be heard. Forthcoming mixtape #EnterWILD as yet lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/19/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.