The phrase “things that go BUMP in the Night” typically conjures up images of ghosts, werewolves and other imaginary monsters. The dangers Chi-town spitter (and recent freestyle alum) Frank Leone describes on his new record by that title, however, are all too real. On this joint, single number two off his next street release, the unsigned buzzmaker vividly evokes the precarity of life for many Windy City youths. Over his own beat, a synth arrangement with a hazy, nocturnal vibe, he spits, “Burner on the oven, murder over nothing / Kids in the cribs getting murdered over nothing.” In addition to simply being a dope listen, BUMP is intended to spark a wider conversation; the artist invites anyone whose life has been affected by Chicago street violence to Tweet their experiences accompanied by the hashtag “#BUMPintheNIGHT,” and let their voices be heard. Forthcoming mixtape #EnterWILD as yet lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/19/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.