Booth newcomer Frank Lee White would be the first to admit that he’s, well, a little bit troubled – in the course of mixtape cut My Life, he reveals that he’s got a drinking problem, he’s fathered children with two different women, and he’s got quite a bit of emotional baggage due to a less-than ideal childhood. The ATL emcee is a mess and he knows it, but that doesn’t mean he’s going to change; on the hook, he sings, “I’ma do what I wanna/ Even if it means I’m a goner.” While White’s unrelentingly depressing self portrait isn’t accompanied by the kind of dark humor that made self-deprecation work so well for Eminem, it’s hard to take him completely seriously when he’s rapping over what sounds like a downbeat version of the theme from The Price Is Right (not that Don Cannon‘s beat is bad at all, just odd in this context). Regardless, this is definitely a catchy record, and should stir up some anticipation for the release of his DJ Drama-hosted Gangsta Grillz Presents: Hard White mixtape.
Listen to More: Frank Lee White Written by richard
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!