Way back in February, underground emcee Frank Lee White painted a lyrical portrait of dysfunction on his dope but depressing Booth debut, My Life. With ‘09 nearing its end, has he managed to, you know, get his sh*t together? Well, according to this newly-leaked mixtape cut, at least one thing seems to be going right for him: he’s living in the great state of G.A.! Over beatsmith Scott Storch‘s chaotically catchy boardwork, centered around shrill brass fanfare and driving, hi-hat heavy percussion, FLW waxes poetic about his home turf, (“That’s the place that I’m from, that’s the place where I stay, that’s the place where God intended me to be.), demonstrating just how determined he is to rep the Peach State to the fullest once he makes it to the top of the music game. This track is sure to strike a chord with Frank Lee White’s G.A. neighbors, along with those who simply appreciate a good Southern flow. If you fit into either category, keep it locked for the latest on FLW’s DJ Drama-hosted Hard White mixtape, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Written by richard on 12/3/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Life" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.