A founding member of influential West Coast crew Pharcyde, Romye “Bootie Brown” Robinson is preparing to unleash a fresh solo LP under the (slightly suggestive) moniker Frank Friction. On the project’s first official single, the Los Angeles rapper/producer makes use of his skills on both sides of the boards, crafting a soulful church-organ backdrop for bars reflecting on the difficulty of keeping one’s Faith in a world filled with pain and struggle. Hieroglyphics member Casual contributes a reflective guest 16, and newcomer Larry Angling lends his vocals to the joint’s chorus. Like what you’re hearing? Then watch our pages for the latest on Bird Talk, which is scheduled to drop June 11, via Chapter One Records.
Written by richard on 06/2/13
Submit your Rating
Chapter One Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.