A founding member of influential West Coast crew Pharcyde, Romye “Bootie Brown” Robinson is preparing to unleash a fresh solo LP under the (slightly suggestive) moniker Frank Friction. On the project’s first official single, the Los Angeles rapper/producer makes use of his skills on both sides of the boards, crafting a soulful church-organ backdrop for bars reflecting on the difficulty of keeping one’s Faith in a world filled with pain and struggle. Hieroglyphics member Casual contributes a reflective guest 16, and newcomer Larry Angling lends his vocals to the joint’s chorus. Like what you’re hearing? Then watch our pages for the latest on Bird Talk, which is scheduled to drop June 11, via Chapter One Records.
Written by richard on 06/2/13
Chapter One Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.