A founding member of influential West Coast crew Pharcyde, Romye “Bootie Brown” Robinson is preparing to unleash a fresh solo LP under the (slightly suggestive) moniker Frank Friction. On the project’s first official single, the Los Angeles rapper/producer makes use of his skills on both sides of the boards, crafting a soulful church-organ backdrop for bars reflecting on the difficulty of keeping one’s Faith in a world filled with pain and struggle. Hieroglyphics member Casual contributes a reflective guest 16, and newcomer Larry Angling lends his vocals to the joint’s chorus. Like what you’re hearing? Then watch our pages for the latest on Bird Talk, which is scheduled to drop June 11, via Chapter One Records.
Chapter One Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.