A founding member of influential West Coast crew Pharcyde, Romye “Bootie Brown” Robinson is preparing to unleash a fresh solo LP under the (slightly suggestive) moniker Frank Friction. On the project’s first official single, the Los Angeles rapper/producer makes use of his skills on both sides of the boards, crafting a soulful church-organ backdrop for bars reflecting on the difficulty of keeping one’s Faith in a world filled with pain and struggle. Hieroglyphics member Casual contributes a reflective guest 16, and newcomer Larry Angling lends his vocals to the joint’s chorus. Like what you’re hearing? Then watch our pages for the latest on Bird Talk, which is scheduled to drop June 11, via Chapter One Records.
Written by richard on 06/2/13
Submit your Rating
Chapter One Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.