When first we met him, on late-August 2011’s Rubbing Off on You, Frank Anthony was in the “constantly-getting-it-in” phase of a new relationship. A year and change later, you might expect that flame to have died down to a more manageable level, but nope—they’re still going at it. Thus, on his latest single and second Booth feature, the singer proposes making their de facto arrangement official: “I want you to Live in My Bed.” Rubbing Off songwriter Poo Bear returns to pen this upbeat cut, and beat crew The Audibles reprise their role behind the boards, cooking up a club-ready four-on-the-floor backdrop to back the artist as he rattles off the many perks of cohabitation—from daily breakfast in bed to a pillow personalized with his girl’s name. West Coast hitmaker Kendrick Lamar contributes some characteristically hi-octane flows on the record’s back end. Feeling it? More is just a few mouse-clicks away; released on Sunday evening, Anthony’s Sixty8 Comeback mixtape/album is available now online.
Written by richard on 09/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rubbing Off On You" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.