Ludacris’s Nate Dogg-assisted classic, Area Codes, contains over forty different…well… area codes from around the country. You name the hoe-filled “hot spot” and Luda had it covered. Of all the three-digit selections that the rapper identified, however, 4-1-2 was not among them. While it is unknown if the city of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, does indeed have worthy “hoes,” the Steel City is without a doubt an on-the-rise “hot spot” for brand new hip-hop talent. Following in the footsteps of recent noisemakers Wiz Khalifa and Boaz, are fellow natives Franchise and Ghostwriter. The two indie emcees team up over a street-level DJ Green Lantern production on Hip-Hop Homicide. If you like what you hear, check for Franchise’s forthcoming project, Schitzophrenic Mindset.
Written by DJ Z on 09/2/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.