Like each and every one of us, Franc Grams makes mistakes—but Mistakes, the Connecticut native’s Booth debut and latest single, is definitely not one of them. Despite dealing with the artist’s foibles and f**k-ups, the record itself is a home run. Over Smoke The World‘s Chipmunk-soul production, the artist describes how his playeriffic tendencies lost him one “hell of a shawty,” and expresses regret for his time as a corner boy. On the back, he turns his judgment outward, excoriating doctors for making money off people’s false hopes and music industry execs for dragging down the culture he loves. Has this thoughtful cut left you craving more from Franc Grams? Then click here to cop the artist’s latest digital full-length, Let’s Start Over; I assure you, you won’t regret your decision.
Written by richard on 03/11/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.