Like each and every one of us, Franc Grams makes mistakes—but Mistakes, the Connecticut native’s Booth debut and latest single, is definitely not one of them. Despite dealing with the artist’s foibles and f**k-ups, the record itself is a home run. Over Smoke The World‘s Chipmunk-soul production, the artist describes how his playeriffic tendencies lost him one “hell of a shawty,” and expresses regret for his time as a corner boy. On the back, he turns his judgment outward, excoriating doctors for making money off people’s false hopes and music industry execs for dragging down the culture he loves. Has this thoughtful cut left you craving more from Franc Grams? Then click here to cop the artist’s latest digital full-length, Let’s Start Over; I assure you, you won’t regret your decision.
Written by richard on 03/11/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.