Like each and every one of us, Franc Grams makes mistakes—but Mistakes, the Connecticut native’s Booth debut and latest single, is definitely not one of them. Despite dealing with the artist’s foibles and f**k-ups, the record itself is a home run. Over Smoke The World‘s Chipmunk-soul production, the artist describes how his playeriffic tendencies lost him one “hell of a shawty,” and expresses regret for his time as a corner boy. On the back, he turns his judgment outward, excoriating doctors for making money off people’s false hopes and music industry execs for dragging down the culture he loves. Has this thoughtful cut left you craving more from Franc Grams? Then click here to cop the artist’s latest digital full-length, Let’s Start Over; I assure you, you won’t regret your decision.
Written by richard on 03/11/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)