Detroit is known nationally for hockey and, of course, bad weather. Though Cali seems like the complete opposite, that didn’t stop Midwest emcee FowL from channeling his inner Californian on Getting Comfortable. Clockwork‘s wavy, synth-driven boardwork has a slight West Coast wobble, which mixes well with FowL’s deep-voiced, laid-back flow to form a record with a distinct mid-‘90s West Coast vibe. In his verses, FowL spits at great length about a girl who’s caught his eye. His sung-rapped flow is the icing on the Cali cake. Gettin Comfortable can be found on the artist’s new, two-track 2MuchLove EP. In the meantime, fans are encouraged to check out his last Booth feature, How It Feels.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/12/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.