Detroit is known nationally for hockey and, of course, bad weather. Though Cali seems like the complete opposite, that didn’t stop Midwest emcee FowL from channeling his inner Californian on Getting Comfortable. Clockwork‘s wavy, synth-driven boardwork has a slight West Coast wobble, which mixes well with FowL’s deep-voiced, laid-back flow to form a record with a distinct mid-‘90s West Coast vibe. In his verses, FowL spits at great length about a girl who’s caught his eye. His sung-rapped flow is the icing on the Cali cake. Gettin Comfortable can be found on the artist’s new, two-track 2MuchLove EP. In the meantime, fans are encouraged to check out his last Booth feature, How It Feels.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/12/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.