Detroit is known nationally for hockey and, of course, bad weather. Though Cali seems like the complete opposite, that didn’t stop Midwest emcee FowL from channeling his inner Californian on Getting Comfortable. Clockwork‘s wavy, synth-driven boardwork has a slight West Coast wobble, which mixes well with FowL’s deep-voiced, laid-back flow to form a record with a distinct mid-‘90s West Coast vibe. In his verses, FowL spits at great length about a girl who’s caught his eye. His sung-rapped flow is the icing on the Cali cake. Gettin Comfortable can be found on the artist’s new, two-track 2MuchLove EP. In the meantime, fans are encouraged to check out his last Booth feature, How It Feels.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/12/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.