Detroit is known nationally for hockey and, of course, bad weather. Though Cali seems like the complete opposite, that didn’t stop Midwest emcee FowL from channeling his inner Californian on Getting Comfortable. Clockwork‘s wavy, synth-driven boardwork has a slight West Coast wobble, which mixes well with FowL’s deep-voiced, laid-back flow to form a record with a distinct mid-‘90s West Coast vibe. In his verses, FowL spits at great length about a girl who’s caught his eye. His sung-rapped flow is the icing on the Cali cake. Gettin Comfortable can be found on the artist’s new, two-track 2MuchLove EP. In the meantime, fans are encouraged to check out his last Booth feature, How It Feels.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/12/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.