After more than a year and a half without a new record from Vibes (Our City dropped back in January of 2012), fans could be forgiven for wondering if the Jersey repper had hung up the mic. Thankfully, that’s not the case—but he did come perilously close, as he reveals on this freshly-released promo single. His first feature under the new alias Foster, this moody cut offers a window into the artist’s struggles with self-doubt. Over That’s Dope Music‘s low-key synth boardwork, he asks himself a few tough questions: ”Some things ain’t worth your integrity / Question is, when the dream dies, do you believe in Destiny? / Can you just learn to let it be, can you just learn to fail / Or are these the words of a coward justifyin’ his failure?” Warm and fuzzy it ain’t, but I have a feeling the realness on display will score Foster points with the DJBooth readership. While Destiny isn’t attached to any larger project, we’ll keep you posted on Foster’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 08/18/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.