Chingy, Punjabi MC, Dem Franchize Boys, Afroman—each seemed poised to take over the game for one shining moment, and all have fallen off in the years since. On the final pre-release single off their next full-length, North Jersey duo Fortunate Ones contemplate the fates of these and numerous other TRL era hitmakers-turned-has beens. Rather than mocking them, however, Genetics and Serge take the aforementioned acts as a warning to keep progressing artistically, lest they themselves become complacent and fade into obscurity. Joining the twosome over their own ethereal, sample-driven production, French-American singer/songwriter Sydney Wayser provides a quirky, addictive guest hook. Fans will be able to find this cut, previous single Girl, Interrupted and much more on the Fortunate Ones’ Honest, Regardless LP, droppnig digitally at an unspecified date in the near future.
Written by richard on 08/28/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sinister Roulette" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.