From 2011 to 2012, the yearly homicide rate in Chicago rose from 2,217 to a staggering 2,670, and with 59 already on the books this month, 2013 isn’t shaping up to be much better. Disturbed by the violence plaguing the Second City, North Jersey duo The Fortunate Ones are determined to be part of the solution, not the problem. To that end, Genetics and Serge have created TODAY, a new promo single which holds murderous and materialistic hip-hop tropes up to the light. Director Anthony Scott DePerto underlines the record’s message in his official visuals. This thought-provoking jam is available now for purchase via iTunes, with all proceeds from its sale going to fund Boys & Girls Clubs in the most affected areas of Chicago.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sinister Roulette" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.