From 2011 to 2012, the yearly homicide rate in Chicago rose from 2,217 to a staggering 2,670, and with 59 already on the books this month, 2013 isn’t shaping up to be much better. Disturbed by the violence plaguing the Second City, North Jersey duo The Fortunate Ones are determined to be part of the solution, not the problem. To that end, Genetics and Serge have created TODAY, a new promo single which holds murderous and materialistic hip-hop tropes up to the light. Director Anthony Scott DePerto underlines the record’s message in his official visuals. This thought-provoking jam is available now for purchase via iTunes, with all proceeds from its sale going to fund Boys & Girls Clubs in the most affected areas of Chicago.
Written by richard on 01/16/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sinister Roulette" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)