From 2011 to 2012, the yearly homicide rate in Chicago rose from 2,217 to a staggering 2,670, and with 59 already on the books this month, 2013 isn’t shaping up to be much better. Disturbed by the violence plaguing the Second City, North Jersey duo The Fortunate Ones are determined to be part of the solution, not the problem. To that end, Genetics and Serge have created TODAY, a new promo single which holds murderous and materialistic hip-hop tropes up to the light. Director Anthony Scott DePerto underlines the record’s message in his official visuals. This thought-provoking jam is available now for purchase via iTunes, with all proceeds from its sale going to fund Boys & Girls Clubs in the most affected areas of Chicago.
Written by richard on 01/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sinister Roulette" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.