From 2011 to 2012, the yearly homicide rate in Chicago rose from 2,217 to a staggering 2,670, and with 59 already on the books this month, 2013 isn’t shaping up to be much better. Disturbed by the violence plaguing the Second City, North Jersey duo The Fortunate Ones are determined to be part of the solution, not the problem. To that end, Genetics and Serge have created TODAY, a new promo single which holds murderous and materialistic hip-hop tropes up to the light. Director Anthony Scott DePerto underlines the record’s message in his official visuals. This thought-provoking jam is available now for purchase via iTunes, with all proceeds from its sale going to fund Boys & Girls Clubs in the most affected areas of Chicago.
Written by richard on 01/16/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sinister Roulette" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.