Hey, who turned my clock forward an hour? And why is it still bright outside when the Booth drops the hottest songs of the day? Chill out Gucci Mane, the government didn’t steal daylight from us, it’s just an old tradition of letting people know that spring is right around the corner. Speaking of that warmer part of the year, Fortilive is back with the Make-Up song, one of the more sensual ways to cool it down after 12 rounds with a significant other. Backed by synth-laden R&B production from Symbolyc One, emcees Slo-mo and Mushmouth team up with Neenah for a collaboration that is on par with the impressive work on their I vs. I album. With a sound that’s almost reminiscent of a dirty South love vibe, Fortilive make the record sound like their own while continuing to widen their target audience. If you haven’t gotten a chance to check out the work these Hawaiian emcees have been putting out lately, you might want to take some time to listen to I vs. I, available for free streaming and direct download right here in the Booth.
Written by Sigurd on 03/13/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jim Kelly" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.