Hey, who turned my clock forward an hour? And why is it still bright outside when the Booth drops the hottest songs of the day? Chill out Gucci Mane, the government didn’t steal daylight from us, it’s just an old tradition of letting people know that spring is right around the corner. Speaking of that warmer part of the year, Fortilive is back with the Make-Up song, one of the more sensual ways to cool it down after 12 rounds with a significant other. Backed by synth-laden R&B production from Symbolyc One, emcees Slo-mo and Mushmouth team up with Neenah for a collaboration that is on par with the impressive work on their I vs. I album. With a sound that’s almost reminiscent of a dirty South love vibe, Fortilive make the record sound like their own while continuing to widen their target audience. If you haven’t gotten a chance to check out the work these Hawaiian emcees have been putting out lately, you might want to take some time to listen to I vs. I, available for free streaming and direct download right here in the Booth.
Written by Sigurd on 03/13/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jim Kelly" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.