Being an up-and-coming artist is a tough undertaking. Most artists can’t afford to work solely on music in the midst of regular 9 to 5’s or schoolwork. (Not sure if it’s true, but I heard one of the guys from former duo U-N-I was still driving a bus just a few years back.) It can truly be a struggle to properly balance passion and bill paying; just ask newcomer ForteBowie, who pens his struggles on The Thesis, which is slated as the first release off his upcoming project, Something About Bowie. The Thesis provides Bowie’s take on his brief career thus far. Repping the 404, the 20-year old discusses struggles, loyalty, and life in general, while also providing the slowly creeping production which ends in a full-fledged assault. Something About Bowie will be released on RefinedHype.com soon - keep it locked.
Listen to More: ForteBowie
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 06/20/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.