On ForteBowie‘s last feature, he announced that he was feeling more Alive than ever before. After more than a year without a peep from the ATLien rapper/producer, however, readers may be starting to wonder whether that remains the case. Well, I’ve got some good news: not only is the man still breathing, but he’s back on our front page with a brand new promo single. Star finds Bowie working his magic on both sides of the boards, cooking up a hazy soup of synth washes and submerged vocal samples to back his own meditations on the allure of celebrity, as well as poetic lyrical contributions from fellow Atlanta representatives J. Nolan and Stanza. While this record isn’t currently attached to any forthcoming project, those feeling it can keep their browsers locked for further freshness from ForteBowie in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 09/14/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Thesis" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.