ForteBowie is no stranger to trifling female behavior but, when he gets burned, you won’t catch him tripping; he simply repeats the mantra, “I’m good, I’m Gucci Mane,” and moves on to the next one. His first feature since September’s Star, this freshly-released EP cut finds the ATLien rapper/producer calling upon his inner Radric Davis to help him weather his latest heartbreak. As usual, Forte does his thing on both sides of the boards, crafting a hazy, shapeshifting electronic beat to back his sung and flowed kiss-offs to a woman who did him dirty. Feeling it? You’ll be able to find Gucci Mane and plenty more where it came from on new EP Vice Haus, scheduled to drop digitally February 18.
Written by richard on 02/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Thesis" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.