ForteBowie is no stranger to trifling female behavior but, when he gets burned, you won’t catch him tripping; he simply repeats the mantra, “I’m good, I’m Gucci Mane,” and moves on to the next one. His first feature since September’s Star, this freshly-released EP cut finds the ATLien rapper/producer calling upon his inner Radric Davis to help him weather his latest heartbreak. As usual, Forte does his thing on both sides of the boards, crafting a hazy, shapeshifting electronic beat to back his sung and flowed kiss-offs to a woman who did him dirty. Feeling it? You’ll be able to find Gucci Mane and plenty more where it came from on new EP Vice Haus, scheduled to drop digitally February 18.
Written by richard on 02/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Thesis" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.