Fresh off receiving rave reviews for hometown anthem Decatur, ForteBowie returns to our pages with another top-notch leak off his forthcoming, RefinedHype-sponsored street release. On Alive, the artist teams up with fellow Southern buzzmaker Stanza to lace J-Cuse‘s slow-burning boardwork (sampled from Lenny Kravitz’ Little Girl’s Eyes) with heartfelt rhymes about his passion for the rap game. Digging it? There’s plenty more where this came from on Forte’s Something About Bowie mixtape, scheduled to hit our sister site this Friday.
Written by richard on 07/5/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Thesis" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.