Fresh off receiving rave reviews for hometown anthem Decatur, ForteBowie returns to our pages with another top-notch leak off his forthcoming, RefinedHype-sponsored street release. On Alive, the artist teams up with fellow Southern buzzmaker Stanza to lace J-Cuse‘s slow-burning boardwork (sampled from Lenny Kravitz’ Little Girl’s Eyes) with heartfelt rhymes about his passion for the rap game. Digging it? There’s plenty more where this came from on Forte’s Something About Bowie mixtape, scheduled to hit our sister site this Friday.
Written by richard on 07/5/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Thesis" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.