OMG! Dr. Dre has just announced a N.W.A. biopic slated to hit theaters next August. And, as if that weren’t exciting enough, the role of Ice Cube will be played by none other than OMG, the veteran rapper’s own son. In addition to being a budding star of the silver screen, Cube, Jr. is no slouch on the mic, as evidenced by self-titled promo single OMG. Michigan beat crew Foreign Allegiance co-headline the jam, cooking up a brassy chopped-sample backdrop for the eponymous emcee’s confident, hard-hitting bars. This record is just a loosie, but we’ll keep you posted on the future plans—both cinematic and musical—of all involved.
Written by richard on 06/23/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.