OMG! Dr. Dre has just announced a N.W.A. biopic slated to hit theaters next August. And, as if that weren’t exciting enough, the role of Ice Cube will be played by none other than OMG, the veteran rapper’s own son. In addition to being a budding star of the silver screen, Cube, Jr. is no slouch on the mic, as evidenced by self-titled promo single OMG. Michigan beat crew Foreign Allegiance co-headline the jam, cooking up a brassy chopped-sample backdrop for the eponymous emcee’s confident, hard-hitting bars. This record is just a loosie, but we’ll keep you posted on the future plans—both cinematic and musical—of all involved.
Written by richard on 06/23/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.