It’s a good day in the Booth for fans of Windy City collective BRKF$T CLUB. Just hours after Julian Malone blessed our eardrums with his first solo feature, mixtape cut Give a Eff, 2008ighties colleague Fonz-E-Mak is here with a fresh record of his own. A promotional single designed to wake up anyone who’s been sleeping on the Chi-town emcee, Alarm Clock finds Mak tracing his growth from a Nintendo addicted young’n into a rising rap star and certified baller. Producer U.G. complements his self-confident flows with a woozy, headphone-ready synth instrumental. This joint isn’t part of a larger project from Fonz-E, but rest assured that more fresh tunes are on the way: U.G. is getting ready to drop a new album titled UltraCinema, and BRKF$T CLUB/2008ighties plan to start releasing new collaborative material in the near future.
Written by richard on 01/16/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.