It’s a good day in the Booth for fans of Windy City collective BRKF$T CLUB. Just hours after Julian Malone blessed our eardrums with his first solo feature, mixtape cut Give a Eff, 2008ighties colleague Fonz-E-Mak is here with a fresh record of his own. A promotional single designed to wake up anyone who’s been sleeping on the Chi-town emcee, Alarm Clock finds Mak tracing his growth from a Nintendo addicted young’n into a rising rap star and certified baller. Producer U.G. complements his self-confident flows with a woozy, headphone-ready synth instrumental. This joint isn’t part of a larger project from Fonz-E, but rest assured that more fresh tunes are on the way: U.G. is getting ready to drop a new album titled UltraCinema, and BRKF$T CLUB/2008ighties plan to start releasing new collaborative material in the near future.
Written by richard on 01/16/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.