It’s a good day in the Booth for fans of Windy City collective BRKF$T CLUB. Just hours after Julian Malone blessed our eardrums with his first solo feature, mixtape cut Give a Eff, 2008ighties colleague Fonz-E-Mak is here with a fresh record of his own. A promotional single designed to wake up anyone who’s been sleeping on the Chi-town emcee, Alarm Clock finds Mak tracing his growth from a Nintendo addicted young’n into a rising rap star and certified baller. Producer U.G. complements his self-confident flows with a woozy, headphone-ready synth instrumental. This joint isn’t part of a larger project from Fonz-E, but rest assured that more fresh tunes are on the way: U.G. is getting ready to drop a new album titled UltraCinema, and BRKF$T CLUB/2008ighties plan to start releasing new collaborative material in the near future.
Written by richard on 01/16/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.