Previously heard paying tribute to his favorite late night host on March’s Jimmy Fallon, up-and-coming rhymesayer Fonz-E Mak is back on our pages with #Octoberly, the inaugural entry and title track in his newly-launched digital series. Over a classic Madlib beat’s jazz flute and understated percussion, the Chi-Town native paints a laid-back lyrical self-portrait, dipping into his autobiography (“I was born in ‘92, started spittin’ in ‘04 / got real in ‘08, now I’m thinkin’ my flow great.”) and highlighting a few musical milestones (“I haven’t been the same since I first heard Cash Rules / Everything Around Me.”). Interest piqued? Then keep your browsers locked to the Booth for further #Octoberly highlights in the coming weeks.
Written by richard on 10/11/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.