Previously heard paying tribute to his favorite late night host on March’s Jimmy Fallon, up-and-coming rhymesayer Fonz-E Mak is back on our pages with #Octoberly, the inaugural entry and title track in his newly-launched digital series. Over a classic Madlib beat’s jazz flute and understated percussion, the Chi-Town native paints a laid-back lyrical self-portrait, dipping into his autobiography (“I was born in ‘92, started spittin’ in ‘04 / got real in ‘08, now I’m thinkin’ my flow great.”) and highlighting a few musical milestones (“I haven’t been the same since I first heard Cash Rules / Everything Around Me.”). Interest piqued? Then keep your browsers locked to the Booth for further #Octoberly highlights in the coming weeks.
Written by richard on 10/11/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)