A D.C. mainstay who’s worked with everyone from Black Thought to the late, great Gruru, Fong-Sai-U has been around the block a few times… thus, it’s only appropriate that his first feature finds him taking listeners on a guided tour of his block. On new promo single Welcome to the Ghetto, the artist’s own gritty production sets the stage for a hard-hitting lyrical depiction of the street life. Soul songstress RES tops it all off with a tuneful hook. Watch for Fong-Sai-U’s debut album, A Soldier’s Story, to drop soon via Soulspazm Records.
Written by richard on 05/6/11
Submit your Rating
Soulspazm Records, Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Music" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.