A D.C. mainstay who’s worked with everyone from Black Thought to the late, great Gruru, Fong-Sai-U has been around the block a few times… thus, it’s only appropriate that his first feature finds him taking listeners on a guided tour of his block. On new promo single Welcome to the Ghetto, the artist’s own gritty production sets the stage for a hard-hitting lyrical depiction of the street life. Soul songstress RES tops it all off with a tuneful hook. Watch for Fong-Sai-U’s debut album, A Soldier’s Story, to drop soon via Soulspazm Records.
Written by richard on 05/6/11
Submit your Rating
Soulspazm Records, Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hip Hop Music" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.