What’s Whitefolkz been up to since July 2011, when he earned Booth approval for single Me & My Guitar? He’s switched up the stage name, for one, excising “White” to become plain old “Folkz.” Don’t let the post-racial moniker fool you, though—in the words of Elzhi, he’s still pushing, “fishscale pale as Renee Zellweger.” On this freshly-released single, the emcee offers assurance of the continuing excellence of his product, lacing his potent, braggadocious verses with pop-referential punchlines. Folkz doubles as producer of the joint, creating an stark, abrasive beat fortified with chopped samples of Pharoahe Monch, Jay-Z, Sean Price and Pimp C, as well as the aforementioned Motown repper. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep your browsers locked for further song releases leading up to the 2013 release of Slumdogg Trillionaire.
NU Revolution Ent. LLC./Topp Dogg Hill
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Waiting Line" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!