What’s Whitefolkz been up to since July 2011, when he earned Booth approval for single Me & My Guitar? He’s switched up the stage name, for one, excising “White” to become plain old “Folkz.” Don’t let the post-racial moniker fool you, though—in the words of Elzhi, he’s still pushing, “fishscale pale as Renee Zellweger.” On this freshly-released single, the emcee offers assurance of the continuing excellence of his product, lacing his potent, braggadocious verses with pop-referential punchlines. Folkz doubles as producer of the joint, creating an stark, abrasive beat fortified with chopped samples of Pharoahe Monch, Jay-Z, Sean Price and Pimp C, as well as the aforementioned Motown repper. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep your browsers locked for further song releases leading up to the 2013 release of Slumdogg Trillionaire.
Written by richard on 10/19/12
Submit your Rating
NU Revolution Ent. LLC./Topp Dogg Hill
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Waiting Line" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.