What’s Whitefolkz been up to since July 2011, when he earned Booth approval for single Me & My Guitar? He’s switched up the stage name, for one, excising “White” to become plain old “Folkz.” Don’t let the post-racial moniker fool you, though—in the words of Elzhi, he’s still pushing, “fishscale pale as Renee Zellweger.” On this freshly-released single, the emcee offers assurance of the continuing excellence of his product, lacing his potent, braggadocious verses with pop-referential punchlines. Folkz doubles as producer of the joint, creating an stark, abrasive beat fortified with chopped samples of Pharoahe Monch, Jay-Z, Sean Price and Pimp C, as well as the aforementioned Motown repper. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep your browsers locked for further song releases leading up to the 2013 release of Slumdogg Trillionaire.
Written by richard on 10/19/12
Submit your Rating
NU Revolution Ent. LLC./Topp Dogg Hill
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Waiting Line" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.