Last we heard from Folkz, back in November of 2011, the Nu Revolution emcee was white. Well, OK, he still is white but, he’s evidently decided his skin tone can speak for itself, as he’s dropped the prefix. The artist’s first feature under the new moniker, Me & My Guitar finds Folkz showing off his skills on the six-string as well as on the mic, supported by a rhythm section courtesy of Choppy Beats. The Long Road Out of Hell currently lacks a drop date but, always, fans can keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 07/6/12
Submit your Rating
NU Revolution Ent. LLC./Topp Dogg Hill
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Waiting Line" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.