Last we heard from Folkz, back in November of 2011, the Nu Revolution emcee was white. Well, OK, he still is white but, he’s evidently decided his skin tone can speak for itself, as he’s dropped the prefix. The artist’s first feature under the new moniker, Me & My Guitar finds Folkz showing off his skills on the six-string as well as on the mic, supported by a rhythm section courtesy of Choppy Beats. The Long Road Out of Hell currently lacks a drop date but, always, fans can keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 07/6/12
Submit your Rating
NU Revolution Ent. LLC./Topp Dogg Hill
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Waiting Line" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.